Work Health & Safety Policy
As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of health and safety in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for workers, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations and activities do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness or damage.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Betabuild Pty Ltd will adopt procedures to –
- Provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces, safe plant and systems of work;
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices;
- Ensure compliance with legislative duties and current industry standards;
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to workers, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety; and
- Provide support and assistance to workers and involve them in consultation on safety issues.
We recognise that the overall responsibility to provide a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. These responsibilities include –
- Ensuring that all WHS policies and procedures are implemented;
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses; and
- Providing adequate resources to meet these WHS commitments.
Workers also have responsibilities, which include –
- Following all WHS policies and procedures; and
- Recognising hazards which may affect the health and safety of themselves, others, or the environment.
We are committed to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees, and will formally involve elected health and safety.